Simplicity
FORUMS

John Snow

Onyx Hall needs to be buffed

Onyx Hall needs a complete revamp

Onyx rank is the current (25th of March 2019) highest tier of donation status achievable in game. This is a $3000 dollar rank which most people pay for in game, totalling upwards of 300 Billion coins which in itself is quite a lot of money to achieve, not even accounting for having to find all the players that have $10, $20, $50 and $100 scrolls to sell takes a very long time and a good amount of effort.

Then upon reaching onyx rank a player finally gains access to the ::ohall command, to enter the most elite location in the server.. to find a bunch of monsters with very UN-desirable drop tables. 

"Superior Arthur" NPC has a consistent 5 M drop per kill with no notable rare drops as the Anger sword (1/680) and Primal full helm (1/320) have no use and are obsolete in comparison to the current B.I.S mele gear setup. 

Unholy cursebearer feels out of place for such a high tier location as it drops items most onyx ranked players have well surpassed in terms of the impact they have for DPS.

"Zamorak Dro" is perhaps the worst NPC in this location. There is no reason to ever try kill this monster unless you are intent on getting a red h'ween mask which is at a 1/680 drop rate, a decently rare uncommon item. But this drop table has a 5000 K drop with a chance of 1/900 ?! This is completely flawed and needs to be changed.

"Master Lewis" has a semi useless drop table as well. Consistent 2 M drop per kill is worse then "Superior Arthur" granting almost no reason to kill this monster aside from the semi common Vesta's longsword (1/40). This might have been useful if the wilderness was more populated and players had a reason to need pvp armour/weapons.

King Kurask drop table is some what desirable as it does drop the fire of dehumidification at a reasonable 1/680, Magma blowpipe sells for 1-1.2 Billion gold also at a drop rate of 1/680, this seems out of place from this monster and should be replaced with something of more value. Yet most of the other items on this drop table are very rare with near no value. Elder maul at 1/900 sells for 350-450m on the P.O.S, this is a ludicrous rarity for such a cheap and useless item.

The Night Beast is unlocked at Emerald tier and personally it feels like a very lazy move to just copy paste the same npc into a zone that is locked for DOUBLE THE PRICE OF EMERALD RANK. This monster does drop Overload (4) constantly which is handy, but overloads are also able to be purchased and gathered faster then it takes to kill a Night Beast via ::di shop.

In conclusion, the Ohall needs to be buffed for the Onyx tier donators. Yes i can't deny this is a "the rich get richer" type of request but i feel as this reward is for such an extreme amount of money whether it is from in game or out of the game purchases we deserve to be rewarded with better drops and have the area used instead of a useless space.

Please feel free to contact me on the Simplicity RS discord server with any suggestions or questions "John Snow"

J.S

FF_    7

I 100% agree for the benefits onyx is not worth it at the moment. It does only affect a small population of the community but the people he does have helped the server alot money wise in being able to keep the server running and paying for new content and coders.

Kooda    41

Well, I know I wouldnt mind having access to some of that stuff personally. But I can see where your coming from. And I agree that it could use a fix,

But I just want to say that Onyx should probably get a buff for their special zone, but lets try not to forget about the rest of the ranks. 

I know Emerald and Sapphire have their spots, and Gold/Ruby tree are a thing. I am sure theres likely room for improvement in these places. One of the most common zones that effects the biggest % of the players that I think needs a boost so badly is the ::di . Donor Island hasnt had many additions. The only one I can think of is the Diamond Demon tele and the Black Portal that I cant use lol. A while back the Slash Bash that was located there got removed. Nothing ever put back there to replace it. The prayer altar could use a fix too, like making it able to use bones on it to train prayer! Maybe some sort of teleport portal leading off to some key locations might be helpful. And adding a bit more to the donor shop.

And the other area that could use some love, but its not a donor zone, is Arthurs Dream area. Making the fire able to use logs and raw fish on is a start. Definitely needs more Bloodveld npcs there. Quite a few more in my opinion. Maybe putting a few of those Lava Fire Titans scattered around would be cool. Maybe add some sort of key drop to the Bloodvelds that would enable you to open a special chest located in this zone. 

As I said, theres room for improvement in all these spots, show them all some love!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liquids said:

I don't mean to sound like a dick.. but where exactly did your $3,000 go? Do you know? I highly doubt they're using ALL of this money to help the server grow. At least, it doesn't seem that way with all the bugs. Also, a good number of Onyx donators didn't donate the full $3,000 to get their rank, they either grinded in game or won stakes or whatever else to make money to buy scrolls (as John mentioned). So the people ACTUALLY paying for this server to "grow" don't see any benefits if the time of the coders/devs are fully focused on creating a better space for an Onyx Zone worth $3,000. The people who pay for the actual donations (not the ones buying in-name or buying $ scrolls) need basic things improved (Nex instance, Olm, server lag, random other bugs) and this should definitely not be a priority right now.

As I mentioned before, I do think this zone should be improved. All of the points John made are certainly true and need to be addressed, but the time just isn't right for devs to focus on this (in my opinion).

I spent real money for more then 75% of my rank. I want to see development.

1 minute ago, Kooda said:

Well, I know I wouldnt mind having access to some of that stuff personally. But I can see where your coming from. And I agree that it could use a fix,

But I just want to say that Onyx should probably get a buff for their special zone, but lets try not to forget about the rest of the ranks. 

I know Emerald and Sapphire have their spots, and Gold/Ruby tree are a thing. I am sure theres likely room for improvement in these places. One of the most common zones that effects the biggest % of the players that I think needs a boost so badly is the ::di . Donor Island hasnt had many additions. The only one I can think of is the Diamond Demon tele and the Black Portal that I cant use lol. A while back the Slash Bash that was located there got removed. Nothing ever put back there to replace it. The prayer altar could use a fix too, like making it able to use bones on it to train prayer! Maybe some sort of teleport portal leading off to some key locations might be helpful. And adding a bit more to the donor shop.

And the other area that could use some love, but its not a donor zone, is Arthurs Dream area. Making the fire able to use logs and raw fish on is a start. Definitely needs more Bloodveld npcs there. Quite a few more in my opinion. Maybe putting a few of those Lava Fire Titans scattered around would be cool. Maybe add some sort of key drop to the Bloodvelds that would enable you to open a special chest located in this zone. 

As I said, theres room for improvement in all these spots, show them all some love!

Very good feedback, this is what we need. Thankyou for taking the time to give your opinion

1 minute ago, Liquids said:

So does everyone that paid for your other 25% and their own ranks.

Liquid i'm not demanding a change in a weeks time here, i'm voicing the opinions of the small group of us onyx rank players to bring it to the notice of our great developers. Server development is important in every aspect, but onyx being the final donation rank does need to have a better reward to help create a bigger incentive for these donations. Making the higher donation requirements have amazing benefits will hopefully draw more attention and therefore lead into more money being donated to help increase the budget for our servers development. Money will make money. 

This post wasn't to play ignorance to the lower tiers, it's just about improvement for us who are in it for the long run and to create a much greater reason for spending money within our little community.

Guest Foly   
Guest Foly

Honestly,  all Donor zones needs to be revamped. 

Zerravack    2
2 hours ago, Foly said:

Honestly,  all Donor zones needs to be revamped. 

I agree with Foly that outside the diamond for ::bank and sapphire for unlimited prayer, every other rank is a little underwhelming. Personally, very new to the whole onyx rank, but to save up 317b to afford it I have been very underwhelmed with the experience. I can't imagine how people like Bernard feel who have spent over $2000 irl to achieve this rank. I love the server and I think you guys do a great job, but us Onyx members are the ones that will stick by you and help maintain the server :) +1

Fastneasy    28
On 3/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, Gigittygoo said:

+1 from me. All donator areas should be buffed tbh other than bronze/silver.

I agree all donator areas should be buffed but that also includes bronze and silver. This goes back to kooda's comment on revamping donator zone as a whole. Just to make it more appealing for anyone who has donator status to go there. As of right now most of the npc's there aren't farmed as much however making certain points in donator zone a multizone compared to outside of donator zone would significantly attract larger crowds mainly for slayer task purposes. Also I believe multiple bosses of certain ones could be added. Such as skotizo, and bandos avatar. Adding maybe 1 or 2 more would be great! But overall yes everything should have a revamp (i'm also a new onyx rank and was extremely hyped about finally reaching ohall and exploring just to be disappointed I also feel unfortunate to those who did pay $1k-$2k irl to get there... a revamp of that area will be great to see too) I know this takes a lot of time and its easier said than done but with the rate arthur is releasing these updates im just excited to see what else is upcoming and new, which could possibly be the revamping of this! :) 

Athos    26

Thank you for your suggestion, Onyx hall will be having a complete rework soon :).