Simplicity
FORUMS

Syndicate

Wilderness Suggestions V2

Syndicate    0

PvP Suggestions: 

1.) Rework the amount of PK Points you get per kill; 
From my 1 test w/ a Player, the amount of PK Points you get doesn't really make PKing beneficial at all, because there really is NO point in PKing for the items in the PKP shop because 1 point per kill, with the current wilderness activity would amount to literally sitting there for days to achieve 50 kills to buy an AGS or w/e is sold for 50 points! That isn't really worth it in my opinion, because your time can be spent elsewhere making money to buy that AGS. 
What I'd like to suggest is a rework for the amount of PKP you get a kill, depending on your killstreak. 
For example;
0-2 Killstreak; 1 PKP
3-5 Killstreak; 2 PKP
6-7 Killstreak; 3 PKP
8-9 Killstreak; 4 PKP
10-11 Killstreak; 5 PKP
12-13 Killstreak; 6 PKP
14-15 Killstreak; 7 PKP
and so on up until
29-30 Killstreak; 15 PKP. 
If this system is added for PKP rewards after killig a player, that'd mean the prices would have to be adjusted accordingly for the current PKP shop so items aren't acquired easily, but easier than before making PVP slightly good for money making. 
Examples for prices; 
Tokhaar Kal - 60 PKP
Fire Cape - 25 PKP
Dragon Defender - 10 PKP
Cannon - 50 PKP
Vestas/Statius Pieces - 50-60 PKP, Excluding helm which sits at 15 PKP.
Ranger hat/fighter hat - 25 or 30 PKP
Fighter Torso - 30 PKP
Dragonfire Shield - 50 PKP
Glacor boots - 80 PKP
Dbow/Whip - 25 PKP
Robin/Rangers - 15 PKP
SOL - 30 PKP
Godswords - 100 PKP
Armadyl Godsword - 500 PKP
Sara Sword - 30 PKP
Imbued Rings - 50 PKP
You get it - basically 2-3x the price ^^ Mainly 2x. 

Suggestion 2.) PvP Drop Table
So after talking to a few players I was informed that there is infact a table for PvP that can give you PvP Armours or something along those lines for killing players in the wilderness, and that gave me an idea! What if there was a way to make items that were ::empty'd (As Long as they fit a specific list, can't just be anything) would be put on the PvP table for someone in the future to get a drop. 
For example, let's say I empty a Toxic Blowpipe. That Blowpipe would then be 'recycled' into the PvP Drop Table, and when someone is pking and they hit said drop table, they have a chance of rolling that BP and getting it as a drop instead of the pvp armour/weapon. 

Suggestion 3.) Game Mode OR Command
Allow players to choose another game mode "PvP Mode" which simply allows you to set your stats (Str, Att, Def, Range, Prayer, Magic, Summoning, HP) to 99. 
This would bring in players who want to join the server and just start PKing!
OR - if you don't like ^ idea.
Add a command such as ::PVP or ::PVPMODE that activates a mode (Strictly for PVP use) that lets you set stats - ONLY COMBAT + Prayer/Summoning - and will reset your stats back to normal once you leave the vicinity of edgeville/the wilderness.

Suggestion 4.) Dr Ford. 
Add an NPC called Dr. Ford, or Nurse to ::Edge so players can reheal their HP/Prayer/Spec every ~5/10 Minutes. 
Non-Donator - 10 minutes
$20 Donator - 5 Minutes
- Next Tier - 2 minutes
- Next Tiers - 0 Minutes! 

Suggestion 5.) PvP Pet!
Add a 'death' pet to the PKP shop for 1k PKP so that who ever buys it can show off their accomplishment! 
https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Tiny_Death
^ this lil fella!

Master Cut22    25

Thanks for your suggestions for the wilderness! My comments:

Suggestion one: Although I would see a benefit of this to those who don't pk regularly, for those of us who do and are on killstreaks of 100 or 200+ would we get 15pkp per kill? That seems a bit op. In my opinion the shops just needs a massive rework and made worthwhile to normal players. 

Suggestion 2: As the empty command is not very well known to most players its not often used and also I don't think anyone has ever emptied anything of value (unless a rage quit occurs and they decide to do this over a drop party, the more common form of quitting). The 'recycle bin' would never have anything in it and I'm sure the coding it would require far outweighs the benefits. Having said this, I like the current 'PVP loot' drop table but it could be looked at and updated! 

Suggestion 3: In order to keep a fair balance in the normal game server I would suggest introducing a well known minigame, FFA or Free For All. Staff would be able to toggle the minigame with a command (::ffaevent) and select from a list of pre set pking styles such as Dharrock, Brid, Range and so on... upon using the command ::ffa players would be entered into a waiting room until it reaches a certain number of participants and once the game starts players will be given stats and the appropriate gear for the pvp type.

Suggestion 4:  An alter like this already exists at the donator zone however it could be a nice idea for it to be used at Edgeville for non donators once every 5 minutes, although it may be that the management team would rather you spend the $20 to gain this perk.

Suggestion 5: I LIKE THIS LIL GUY! adding him to the 'PVP loot' drop table would be easy enough and a nice addition to a pkers accomplishments, it would need to be a high drop rate to keep it rare though.

• Like 1

Syndicate    0
41 minutes ago, Master Cut22 said:

Thanks for your suggestions for the wilderness! My comments:

Suggestion one: Although I would see a benefit of this to those who don't pk regularly, for those of us who do and are on killstreaks of 100 or 200+ would we get 15pkp per kill? That seems a bit op. In my opinion the shops just needs a massive rework and made worthwhile to normal players. 

Suggestion 2: As the empty command is not very well known to most players its not often used and also I don't think anyone has ever emptied anything of value (unless a rage quit occurs and they decide to do this over a drop party, the more common form of quitting). The 'recycle bin' would never have anything in it and I'm sure the coding it would require far outweighs the benefits. Having said this, I like the current 'PVP loot' drop table but it could be looked at and updated! 

Suggestion 3: In order to keep a fair balance in the normal game server I would suggest introducing a well known minigame, FFA or Free For All. Staff would be able to toggle the minigame with a command (::ffaevent) and select from a list of pre set pking styles such as Dharrock, Brid, Range and so on... upon using the command ::ffa players would be entered into a waiting room until it reaches a certain number of participants and once the game starts players will be given stats and the appropriate gear for the pvp type.

Suggestion 4:  An alter like this already exists at the donator zone however it could be a nice idea for it to be used at Edgeville for non donators once every 5 minutes, although it may be that the management team would rather you spend the $20 to gain this perk.

Suggestion 5: I LIKE THIS LIL GUY! adding him to the 'PVP loot' drop table would be easy enough and a nice addition to a pkers accomplishments, it would need to be a high drop rate to keep it rare though.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Let's see what everyone else has to say! 

But for Suggestion 5, I think it'd be nice to have a regen for pking, so we wouldn't have to wait for spec regen as much, OR, needa repot/heal. 

Iron Trees    18

I'm a fan of of #3, 4, and 5, but I think recycling emptied items into PvP is beyond ridiculous. I could randomly kill someone at Rogue when they're wearing nothing and have a chance at a blowpipe? Very bad idea IMO. Before you say something "well it wouldn't be for people wearing nothing" or something along those lines, you can get a pvp loot from people wearing nothing even if you only do 20 damage to them. 

I think a NPC for healing/spec regeneration is a nice idea, but I'd rather see a regeneration pool added to player owned houses instead. Would also make the construction skill less pointless here also. 

Lastly, I don't believe the "pk mode" would be that beneficial either. It takes like an hour or so to max out combat skills, very easy. I feel like it'd just be added pointless content.

Athos    26

Thank you for your suggestion, the staff team have agreed upon most of your suggestions and the ones selected will be implemented:

1.) Rework the amount of PK Points you get per kill;

2.) PvP Drop Table

5.) PvP Pet! Add a 'death' pet to the PKP shop for 1k PKP so that who ever buys it can show off their accomplishment!