Simplicity
FORUMS

Ntho

Whats everyone do for a living?

Ntho    115

just thought it'd be interesting to have a thread discussing what everyone does for a living when there offline, if you feel like contributing leave a reply

ill start I work as a chef in a assisted living for seniors and its a great job, we make all kinds of good dishes with some definitely weird dishes as well. plus hearing some of the stuff old people say is hilarious

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

Skovos    22
1 hour ago, Ntho skiller said:

just thought it'd be interesting to have a thread discussing what everyone does for a living when there offline, if you feel like contributing leave a reply

ill start I work as a chef in a assisted living for seniors and its a great job, we make all kinds of good dishes with some definitely weird dishes as well. plus hearing some of the stuff old people say is hilarious

That's awesome. I worked the majority of my life in restaurants as a manager and corporate trainer. Food is life.

I've done a lot of things all over the spectrum but as of more recently I am a field underwriter for life insurance and am in the process of expanding to build an insurance agency.

• Like 1

Ntho    115
7 hours ago, Skovos said:

That's awesome. I worked the majority of my life in restaurants as a manager and corporate trainer. Food is life.

I've done a lot of things all over the spectrum but as of more recently I am a field underwriter for life insurance and am in the process of expanding to build an insurance agency.

That's awesome hope everything's goes well with building your own agency's, I was actually looking into insurance sales, but you gotta have experience in sales. I've only worked in factory's food and a little bit of construction

• Like 1

Skovos    22
2 hours ago, Ntho skiller said:

That's awesome hope everything's goes well with building your own agency's, I was actually looking into insurance sales, but you gotta have experience in sales. I've only worked in factory's food and a little bit of construction

Ever have any questions feel free to PM me on discord or anything. If you're in the states I can help out a lot too. I never did sales before this and I'm highly against any shady tactics, pressuring people, cold calling, etc. I genuinely talk people down sometimes lol. 

I miss the food from the restaurant life so much though hahah.

• Like 1

Guest Foly   
Guest Foly

IT Technician for Google and International Media bureau, currently nearing 3 years

Ntho    115
2 hours ago, Foly said:

IT Technician for Google and International Media bureau, currently nearing 3 years

I really wanted to get into IT but I cant afford the schooling for it and anywhere near me needs it to apply I learned alittle bit off coding when i worked in a electronic recycling/refurbishing factory but had to leave it sadly. Eventual I'm going to go for it.

Right now, I'm a student, but my study path is eventually going to lead me into becoming a Social Worker, so that's that. I major in Sociology but research isn't for me : I'm really looking into getting involved with people directly.

• Like 1

Information systems manager. With the help of my IT assistant, we train and support around 500 staff who teach head start children.

Interesting to see everyone's professions!

• Like 1

I'm a Mobile Crane operator , i started since i was 22 years old. The heaviest i lifted was 25 Ton.  We mostly do constrution but we lift variant things like pools , statues and lots more.  

For those who dont know what it is (this is my machine) : LTM 1070-4.2    50Meters height and capacity of 70T lifting

127234849_1860441614102971_7684799253319800056_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I work with natural gas lines, with both installing new pipelines in the ground mostly residential and few industrial lines. I do everything from putting the pipe in the ground to installing the gas meter on the side of the house and going in and lighting appliances. It definitely an interesting lines of work being as I never have a set schedule since if something is hit we have to respond cant wait until the next day when you get natural gas blowing haha. Done everything from being a fitter fusing together plastic pipe in the ground, to a operator using mini excavators to dig up old lines, to plumber actually replumbing steel pipe out of people's houses to connect to our lines.

• Like 1

Ntho    115
40 minutes ago, Slowasshonda said:

I work with natural gas lines, with both installing new pipelines in the ground mostly residential and few industrial lines. I do everything from putting the pipe in the ground to installing the gas meter on the side of the house and going in and lighting appliances. It definitely an interesting lines of work being as I never have a set schedule since if something is hit we have to respond cant wait until the next day when you get natural gas blowing haha. Done everything from being a fitter fusing together plastic pipe in the ground, to a operator using mini excavators to dig up old lines, to plumber actually replumbing steel pipe out of people's houses to connect to our lines.

thats a terrififying job lol, i hate gas lines and shit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ntho skiller said:

thats a terrififying job lol, i hate gas lines and shit

Maybe its just cause I've been in the gas industry for like 6 years now but I have never found it scary lol. Honestly electricity scares me more than natural gas. Like I'd rather fight a broken gas line with 60psi, then change a 120v outlet Xd.

• Like 1

Ntho    115
1 minute ago, Slowasshonda said:

Maybe its just cause I've been in the gas industry for like 6 years now but I have never found it scary lol. Honestly electricity scares me more than natural gas. Like I'd rather fight a broken gas line with 60psi, then change a 120v outlet Xd.

I'm the exact opposite lol id rather deal with electricity any day over gas

Wishy    3

So i probably have the most boring job amongst you all.

I work in retail as a Nightshift Duty Manager.

I feed you all!

• Like 1

Ruben    4

Oh boy, I started at a butchers shop, then as a 800 ton press operator in a factory, then went to school for HVAC (heating and cooling), did that for 5 years and now I’m getting my CDL (commercial drivers license) to haul steel :). In between all that, small social media company and another business startup that fell through because I was 19 and slightly overconfident 😭

• Like 1

Ntho    115
52 minutes ago, Ruben said:

Oh boy, I started at a butchers shop, then as a 800 ton press operator in a factory, then went to school for HVAC (heating and cooling), did that for 5 years and now I’m getting my CDL (commercial drivers license) to haul steel :). In between all that, small social media company and another business startup that fell through because I was 19 and slightly overconfident 😭

youve been all over it seems lol

Ruben    4
9 minutes ago, Ntho skiller said:

youve been all over it seems lol

Well that’s one of the best ways to gain experience because trust me I have pretty big goals in life and all of these things are stepping stones

Pocky.    43

Before the Pandemic though, I was working as a Pharmacy Clerk and Assistant to a Pharmacist (most boring position imo). Then worked at a ton of retail positions and have like 8+ years of Customer service (Customers aren't always 100% right) and hopefully when this lockdown is over, I could just go back to working while I'm in school.

I'm sure I've mentioned this on my introduction post, but going to mention it anyways. I'm a full time student at a college for Biotechnology, but I will be attending university after I finish college for Wildlife Biology and Conservation. When the lockdown is completely over, I'm going to be volunteering at a local animal shelter, may able to work at the Toronto Zoo to gain experience as well. In the future, I'm going to save up some money to open an animal shelter for rescued animals. In hopes that they'll be able to live a much safer and comfortable life. 

That's pretty much it. :D 

Edited by Pocky.
  • Like 1