Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Endymion

Changes in full Theatre of Blood

Endymion    5

Hi! I have a couple of suggestions for changes in full Theatre of Blood.

Drop table

After a lot of full TOB runs, I can say the loot received is highly disproportionate to the amount of effort it takes to complete a full run. It roughly takes 15-25+ minutes to complete a full run, depending on the size of your team. It's just not really encouraging to do a full run for that long and get a bunch of herbs and runes as a reward. Obviously a chance of getting a scythe xi or a sang x is really appealing, but the odds of getting that are extremely (!) low and in the long run, doing a different boss would be much more profitable.

So what does my suggestion for the drop table entail?

I suggest that the droptable should get more valuable base drops for completing a full run. For example a guaranteed amount of cash for every player on a completed run. Or just more valuable base drops in general. It should be something players can actually benefit from, instead of getting worthless items. This way full runs of TOB becomes much more attractive to other players (I've noticed I'm effectively the only one hosting teams...).

Furthermore, I've heard that dying in a run affects drop rates. I like that mechanic, because this way people get a little more serious and are actually paying attention to the boss fights itself, which is a good thing imo :). If the guaranteed cash rewards were to be implemented, a mechanic I would like to see is that a death will result in a reduction of your guaranteed cash reward, next to the decreased general drop rate. Just as an incentive to remain focused during the boss.

Nylocas Vasilias wave (third boss)

This boss is just a pain in the butt to deal with and should definitely be altered in my opinion. It takes way too long and contains many visual bugs. For example if a mob is attacking one of the pillars, it becomes invisible for a brief moment, which causes it to do more unnecessary damage to the pillars you're trying to defend.

So what does my suggestion for the Nylocas Vasilias wave entail?

Besides fixing the visual bugs, my suggestion would be to make the amount of waves that are to be spawned dependent on the amount of people that are in the raid (just like the healers on the first boss (Maiden of Sugadinti)). So for example: 1-2 players in a raid means 15 waves to be spawned, 3-4 players would mean 20 waves and 5 players would mean 25 waves.

Final words

In conclusion, I think that these suggestions would make full TOB much more appealing to players and perhaps we will finally be able to see some more people doing it and get one of the higher valued drops. If you have an idea of what we could do to make full TOB, or even just the Verzik boss more appealing, feel free to post your suggestions down below.

Thanks for taking your time to read this post! :)

110569228_Hnet.com-image(1).gif.430c857b152d2dd5d4b5c80e798fd5be.gif

• Like 1

LWS    0

yes i'm agree with you about full tob. Did few trips never get anything took me for ever to finish like 28mins or even more. its waste of  time  full tob  if you compare just boss  drops and time.  

Verzik Boss fight it self has the best droptable in game for how simple it is.

Full threate of blood changing drops again is gonna be hard to balance out.

We are looking into issues with TOB and gonna have these adjusted in the near future. 

If any droptable changes will happen then i need to adjust the damage you can do to verzik. Currently it's way to easy and rewarding for player there for it wont be changed untill ive tweaked the damage you can do with weapons etc hand cannon x or nightmare staff.

Thanks for your suggestions! 

• Like 1

Stickle    45
On 10/21/2020 at 7:59 AM, TrollGame said:

full tob is great but 3rd boss is pain in the ass even with good team. other ones are just fine

They have changed the drop table already! (so I believe) :D

I feel like boss-only doesn't get anything more than Saradomin tears (I've had no joke 8 of them, mostly in a row) and they don't sell, but if they do it's like 700m or something meaning its quite pointless in away! But then again I've made my cape from boss-only and just need another disk of returning to make another one! Please can we have the boss-only drop table changed around alittle? maybe increase the drop table of getting idk 1b or 2b in cash? I've completed boss only around 100+ times! 

Also can we remove bandos items from full! I'm sick of getting tassets/chestpeices when the item is around 60m if that each! when players are getting sapphire or ruby boxes even when dying (like 20b) No joke I've had atleast 5 bandos items in a row without even dying and I'm using full sagi with hcx/magma and sov for melee (now upgraded to sov xi) <-- Spent like my whole bank to get it