Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Discord Rewards

Dade    9

Discord is.. Dead..

Months of playing the server and one thing I've noticed Is that the same 1-4 people use discord. I understand not many people like VC but I think one thing that would really make people wan't to join is subtle rewards. For example, we get 5 random boxes for setting up an email. That's cool, now what if on your Initial Setup in disc you're rewarded maybe 1 RL Box, or maybe a Sapphire. Something to make people want to take the leap and join. Then you can keep them in by giving rank rewards. I noticed there's a forum Discord Title which is cool but again maybe if once you hit that rank you get an exclusive Discord Box in game. I think one of the keys to keeping this community super active and happy is letting the community meet each other.. talk.. ultimately game..

Charmie    88

You can't pressure people into talking in vc, and im not pushing people to join vc because i for once had anxiety talking to new people. people will join the VC when they want too and not, having a reward for talking to people in voice seems a bit farfetched when you can just talk to people in text chat or ingame,

Bizzey    65

No, just no.

Joining calls should always be when people want too. The only thing you could get awarded for is a medal on the forum, reaching level 20 in discord.

Riv    20

I can understand maybe rewarding people for hitting like top 5 or something in the Discord ranking system or maybe even just giving small rewards randomly to people who are active in chat and stuff like that?

I don't like the idea of offering incentives for people to join VC. A lot of people aren't comfortable with speaking to people they don't know and you can't really offer rewards to people who are comfortable with it as it just provides an unfair advantage to the players who are comfortable with talking to anybody.

A lot of people have or have had anxiety and it wouldn't be fair on them.

Possibly adding rewards for actively chatting or reaching top numbers in the ranking system could be a better suggestion though?

Dade    9

Well yeah guys im not saying Put a gun to their head and say GET THE F*** IN THE DISCORD NOW MOTHERF*************!

I kinda just meant give people maybe MORE?? of an intensive to wanna be active in a different part of the community..
Idk how the hell you guys read it as "LETS FORCE THE ENTIRE SERVER INTO ONE GENERAL CHAT GL HF NO RE"

No.. I specifically said.. ONE RL Box MAYYYYYBBEEE on Initital Join and yeah maybe a Discord Box that gives yet another useless cosmetic to the game.. like literal garbage items...that simply integrate the different aspects of this community together..

I guess im just trying to see the community work as a Triangle of Success you know.. Ultimately the more the community participates in everything, the better for the server and even for themselves sometimes.. You got anxiety? You a mute?? K. Guess what VOICE Chat isnt forced on Disc.. Maybe you just wanna chat on the Disc. There are PLENTY of people on Disc that dont even jump ingame but chat on General... and eventually theres something to it.. I dont mean Gimmi 10b every 100 messages.. But A lot of people aren't active on here OR discord which are both VERY good sources of information and other server related things.. and noone is forcing anyone to actually VOICE CHAT...

Plenty of ppl jump in and mute their mic and Listen, and when they wanted to.. they jumped in..

For one you dont level up in Discord by VCing... you do it by sending messages, so if youre so anxious you cant talk, then type.. Thats how you get ranks.. theres alos the cool oldschool bot.. the #DROPANNOUNCEMENT which saved my life.. I would of never known I got an unstrung if I hadnt checked that channel. These are things that you guys have done a GREAT job of adding but.. I feel like theyre not being taken advantage of..

I just think all resources and info should be thrown out there for the server.. Like my ::threads command that shows a list of ALL the threads with info instead of having Staff repeat the same answer to the same question every other day

Guys this isnt just a server or a game.. When you're racking in $1k every other day.. this is a business.. and the best business' do everything to integrate and facilitate the use of their product/service

Giving out the 5 most useless boxes for me giving you my email seems pretty far fetched as well???

Edited by Dade