Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Bloop

Ironman Gameplay Improvement

Bloop    0

I started out as a HCIM for 2 days and realised that there isn't much player choosing to play as ironman. I learnt a few things whereby there's plenty of restrictions for ironman in Simplicityps such as ironman isn't able to participate in the Cow EventsDrop Party and POS. As such, the progress as an ironman is greatly hindered by the fact that we had to grind a lot more than regular players.

At the same time, I've checked the forum to see if there's any plausible suggestions that was written and came across the on ::thread 1495 but I don't really see it being in the game yet since it might be due to the amount of work needed to implement it or maybe it will be implemented in the future.

I understand that enabling the above mentioned activities would surely break the purpose of being an ironman and I thought of a few ways to improve the gameplay for ironman.

1) The easiest way is probably to increase the drop rate for IM,HCIM,UIM respectively. Not to the point of game breaking but make it favorable since some items are for the purpose of collection after all, we as ironman can't trade it with others on POS

2) Special monsters for ironman.

3) Perhaps an item to protect HCIM and UIM from death 1 time but it will cost donations.

Bizzey    65

Hello @ Bloop , first of all thank you for your suggestion and your willingness to think alongside us on improving in-game content. I'll give my personal opinion here, so note this is not on behalf of the staff team.

As you mentioned, Ironman mode is made for a reason, to make it a grind and respectively harder.

As for 1), I can agree with this.

2) This shouldn't be very hard to code as  there's already an ironman guild.

3) You already keep all your items upon death (not sure for UIM), but for HCIM I don't agree, you make the account to not die and flex your items alongside your status or just for your personal satisfaction. HCIM should be a one-time death, I also disagree with OSRS having that elite dairy mechanic where you sort of 'respawn' at Zulrah, it defeats the entire purpose of HCIM.

On the other hand, I do believe HCIM status' should be reverted when there's clear proof of dc'ing.

Thank you for reading,

Akimbo

• Love 1

Charmie    88

1) i honestly dont agree. ironman is a challenge and you can always drop trade them to your main if drops are easy 

2) what would they drop where would they be how much hp how do you kill them?

3) HCIM is a one death thing if you could buy stuff from dono store to keep it then you should just play a normal one, 

never the less, people will agree and disagree but thank you for the suggestions

• Love 1

Bloop    0
6 hours ago, Charmie said:

1) i honestly dont agree. ironman is a challenge and you can always drop trade them to your main if drops are easy 

2) what would they drop where would they be how much hp how do you kill them?

3) HCIM is a one death thing if you could buy stuff from dono store to keep it then you should just play a normal one, 

never the less, people will agree and disagree but thank you for the suggestions

Haven't really thought of number 2 yet but as for number 1, the same restriction that applies to ironman can be applied here in Simplicity too;
Restrictions include : 1) Trade with other players 
                                  2)  Pick up drop from other players' kill (Perhaps only this specific restriction will be lifted in raids or boss events)
                                  3) Restriction on POS

In this way, the challenge factor will still be there without breaking much of the game flow. 

Bizzey    65
7 hours ago, Bloop said:

Haven't really thought of number 2 yet but as for number 1, the same restriction that applies to ironman can be applied here in Simplicity too;
Restrictions include : 1) Trade with other players 
                                  2)  Pick up drop from other players' kill (Perhaps only this specific restriction will be lifted in raids or boss events)
                                  3) Restriction on POS

In this way, the challenge factor will still be there without breaking much of the game flow. 

The drop-trade thing is a big factor ofc. I think when ironman drop things they should completely disappear from the database. Only way ironmade should be drop-trading is when their ironman status is revoked (same goes for killing in the wilderness, leaving no items behind, nor keeping them like usually).

On 9/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, Bloop said:

I started out as a HCIM for 2 days and realised that there isn't much player choosing to play as ironman. I learnt a few things whereby there's plenty of restrictions for ironman in Simplicityps such as ironman isn't able to participate in the Cow EventsDrop Party and POS. As such, the progress as an ironman is greatly hindered by the fact that we had to grind a lot more than regular players.

At the same time, I've checked the forum to see if there's any plausible suggestions that was written and came across the on ::thread 1495 but I don't really see it being in the game yet since it might be due to the amount of work needed to implement it or maybe it will be implemented in the future.

I understand that enabling the above mentioned activities would surely break the purpose of being an ironman and I thought of a few ways to improve the gameplay for ironman.

1) The easiest way is probably to increase the drop rate for IM,HCIM,UIM respectively. Not to the point of game breaking but make it favorable since some items are for the purpose of collection after all, we as ironman can't trade it with others on POS

2) Special monsters for ironman.

3) Perhaps an item to protect HCIM and UIM from death 1 time but it will cost donations.

1. Increasing droprate for ironman is gonna be abused. People will just drop trade their drops or get killed in wilderness for it. That's the reason why i won't implement that.

2. As above ^

3. interesting idea.

Bloop    0
3 hours ago, Kevin said:

1. Increasing droprate for ironman is gonna be abused. People will just drop trade their drops or get killed in wilderness for it. That's the reason why i won't implement that.

2. As above ^

3. interesting idea.

As for 1, the suggestion that Akimbo mention might be an idea to resolve the abuse, that is when ironman drops, only the character can sees it and when a certain amount of time have passed, the item is removed completely. As for the PVP in wilderness, when an ironman dies, the item is dropped but it is removed completely from the server once he dies, thus the PKer would not gain any benefits from killing ironman.

Guest Foly   
Guest Foly
On 9/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, Bloop said:

I feel like pos, drop party, cow events etc, defeats the purpose of Ironman