Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Cgh

Update Rule 8.11

Cgh    24

Would be nice to add the punishment to the description of the rule (1k imps from what I was given today).

8.11 Drop Parties/HnS/Giveaways

Drop partying is no longer allowed and can ONLY be hosted by staff when approved. Exception being the drop parties that come with $200+ donations that put boxes automatically into the chest. Hns or any type of giveaway has to be approved by a member of staff.

And maybe have staff just tell players not to host a HnS/Drop Party when they announce that they are doing one. Seems pretty shitty to be a member of staff, watch someone host a HnS for about an hour, then immediately after they finish, jail them. Instead of seeing someone saying "doing hns come find me" and letting them do it...pm them/yell/say in cc "HnS are against the rules" and that being the end of it.

Skovos    22

You were jailed for the drop party, which was after the hide and seeks (which any give away's are against the rules unless you ask for permission and 9/10 times, under 10b will be approved). I messaged you in cc before you were dropping items, then tele'd to you and you didn't stop or reply. You were jailed because of that and you have multiple prior offenses. You've been a player since Day 1 as you mentioned yourself much earlier in the evening and should be very familiar from the rules because of these reasons.

Not to mention the discussion of another private server prior to any of this that I did pm you and mention it being in the rules regardless of whether the server is still active or not. This was another opportunity for you to refresh your memory on what is and isn't allowed.

"I wasn't told not to do it" does not make it okay.

::Rules are there for a reason and need to be followed but you're more than welcome to submit an appeal.

Edited by Skovos
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Cgh    24
15 minutes ago, Skovos said:

You were jailed for the drop party, which was after the hide and seeks. I messaged you in cc before you were dropping items, then tele'd to you and you didn't stop or reply. You were jailed because of that and you have multiple prior offenses. You've been a player since Day 1 as you mentioned yourself much earlier in the evening and should be very familiar from the rules because of these reasons.

::Rules are there for a reason and need to be followed but you're more than welcome to submit an appeal.

A few points to this^

• You might have messaged me in CC but I didn't see it as I was at home surrounded by people talking, CC people talking, random game alerts, and people on ::yell. Maybe use PM next time?
  • I dropped maybe 40m in items, which is nothing on this server
  • Multiple prior offences...?
  • As a day 1 player I can tell you rules change constantly, and 8.11 is new. Maybe there should be an in game announcement telling players when rule changes happen. I mean I don't know how new 8.11 is but it must be pretty new, since just yesterday I did a HnS and a mod tele'd to me and said nice hiding spot.

Anyways my suggestion still stands and this isn't an appeal, the rules should be updated with the punishment listed.

Edited by Cgh

Cgh    24
18 minutes ago, Skovos said:

Not to mention the discussion of another private server prior to any of this that I did pm you and mention it being in the rules regardless of whether the server is still active or not. This was another opportunity for you to refresh your memory on what is and isn't allowed.

"I wasn't told not to do it" does not make it okay.

Lmao you mean the server that Rees was an owner of and recruited almost all of the original players from? And it might not make it ok but it would certinly make you a better helper if you informed people of the rules before they break them/you punish them.

image.png.5f254a674606799a0a3b3d2b267f2467.png

Skovos    22

By making a forum and/or in-game account on Simplicity you accept these rules and terms.
Any punishment related to any offense of the rules is given by the judgement and discretion of that staff member. If you feel you have been mistreated by a staff member, report them to a higher up. If you feel that you have been punished unfairly you may appeal on the forums. These rules are subject to be changed at any time by the staff team.

Look Cgh,

I'm not going to mention any of your past offenses or will I argue with you and I am sorry that you may feel that this is unjust. If you break a law, cops and judges don't let you off free because you didn't know better or that you weren't handed an announcement of any changes or new rules that could be implemented.

Again, if you feel like you've been treated unfairly, you are more than welcome to appeal it.

Lets just take this as a learning moment, read the rules, and move forward on the right foot from here.

I've been nothing but respectful, so lets continue to keep it that way, and we can all just enjoy playing and grinding some Simplicity.

Cgh    24
8 minutes ago, Skovos said:

If you break a law, cops and judges don't let you off free because you didn't know better or that you weren't handed an announcement of any changes or new rules that could be implemented.

They absolutely do let you off free all the time, especially for small violations. You think everytime someone has a broken taillight or the wrong window tint they get hauled off to jail? Also changes in laws are often given lots of media coverage and notices, such as the age to buy tobacco in the US being raised to 21. Shops had signs months in advance, it was all over the news and very much announced. Even just going into gaming, when a game updates their rules there is usually a pop up before you login that you have to acknowledge letting you know about any changes.  

And again this is not an appeal, I've served my punishment already. This is a suggestion on the way the rule is worded and enforced.