Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Stormz

World Boss - WHAT?

Stormz    46

Good Morning Everyone!

So it has come to my attention there are a number of players that get a little upset about ::tekton and ::warmonger, i.e not being able to get a drop due to the top 5/10 having OP gear.

My point is to i feel we could do something to help that, like a world boss - spawns every 12 hours possibly? say 7am/7pm server time for example.

The idea would be as follows.

World boss name: <insert here>

Hp: 100k - minimum.

Rewards: Make them similar to Wildywyrm for cash, 25-35m or so. the random loot being say double of that you'd get at warmonger, example: instead of say 21 diamonds, make it 42 - or make the rewards even better - keep in mind the boss shouldn't be a kill done in 2 minutes.

Rewards output: given how many players are on server, say top 20 damage?

Let me know your opinions and ideas towards this.

Stormz,

• Like 1

Charmie    88

People will always find a way to moan that is give everyone a drop but make it a 10 min boss or something with like 100k hp or something change of 1 hitting you but if you have pray youll be fine something like a jad, 

Stormz    46
10 minutes ago, Charmie said:

People will always find a way to moan that is give everyone a drop but make it a 10 min boss or something with like 100k hp or something change of 1 hitting you but if you have pray youll be fine something like a jad, 

i like this, have it so you need a pray switch etc aswell, while it does a multi hit on all players.

+1

I agree, There's a lot of times i'll leave either tekton or warmonger when it's above "capacity" to give newer players a chance at loot.

This server needs more pvm events regardless. Once you have money the game becomes less exciting so also maybe adding untradeable Pvm sets dropped from bossing would help keep players around.

Stormz    46
1 minute ago, Psilonoid said:

+1

I agree, There's a lot of times i'll leave either tekton or warmonger when it's above "capacity" to give newer players a chance at loot.

This server needs more pvm events regardless. Once you have money the game becomes less exciting so also maybe adding untradeable Pvm sets dropped from bossing would help keep players around.

loving the non-tradeble pvm sets idea dude! Even if its a variation of another set, just add an (e) or (i) to the end of it!

13 minutes ago, Stormz said:

loving the non-tradeble pvm sets idea dude! Even if its a variation of another set, just add an (e) or (i) to the end of it!

Yea! Perhaps gear like third age or anything not commonly used. Even it's an untradeable scroll you can apply to the gear to help the prices of the regular pieces.

I wouldn't make them BiS as it would crash the economy but definitely second or third BiS

Stormz    46
Just now, Psilonoid said:

Yea! Perhaps gear like third age or anything not commonly used. Even it's an untradeable scroll you can apply to the gear to help the prices of the regular pieces.

I wouldn't make them BiS as it would crash the economy but definitely second or third BiS

i'd go with third so things like ancest/cele etc keeps its value :)

4 minutes ago, Stormz said:

i'd go with third so things like ancest/cele etc keeps its value :)

That's fair :)

Xelta    55

I just read this post and the evolution of it in the comments, and this is a definite +1 from me. I've spoken to some players and they very clearly voiced their frustration because they feel as though the large, community PvM Events (warmonger, tekton, etc.) don't give them a "fair shot" at obtaining loot. This is a great idea!

Athos    26
12 hours ago, Stormz said:

So it has come to my attention there are a number of players that get a little upset about ::tekton and ::warmonger, i.e not being able to get a drop due to the top 5/10 having OP gear.

Maybe a new boss like Ali so everyone have a fair chance? (no Armour/weapons/Buffs)

My point is to i feel we could do something to help that, like a world boss - spawns every 12 hours possibly? say 7am/7pm server time for example.

+1 for a world boss 

Hp: 100k - minimum.

Rewards: Make them similar to Wildywyrm for cash, 25-35m or so. the random loot being say double of that you'd get at warmonger, example: instead of say 21 diamonds, make it 42 - or make the rewards even better - keep in mind the boss shouldn't be a kill done in 2 minutes.

Rewards output: given how many players are on server, say top 20 damage?

-More Hp so everyone could join - with a unique drop table, maybe drops tokens for a new store that gives new mid tier equipment (gear and weapons)

-Make it deal damage randomly to everyone in the area (with food spawning around players so they can heal) (not AFKable like ali)

-Reward for players reaching a min damage output and then randomly dropping the tokens among the players

-Untradeable Tokens so it would need every player to grind for the items instead of buying/selling them

Edited by Athos

Stormz    46
1 hour ago, Athos said:

Maybe a new boss like Ali so everyone have a fair chance? (no Armour/weapons/Buffs)

+1 for a world boss 

-More Hp so everyone could join - with a unique drop table, maybe drops tokens for a new store that gives new mid tier equipment (gear and weapons)

-Make it deal damage randomly to everyone in the area (with food spawning around players so they can heal) (not AFKable like ali)

-Reward for players reaching a min damage output and then randomly dropping the tokens among the players

-Untradeable Tokens so it would need every player to grind for the items instead of buying/selling them

Get it done ;) we need a proper community event like this

Charmie    88

i cant be bothered to read so im sorry if i get up so lets say a world boss drops an untradable set that helps with pvm every gets a chance at it, so each boss will have a untradable pvm set so a ranged boss with have a ranged magic will have magic and melee will have melee, wont be bis, but will have decent stats from virtus torva and pernix, but check this out.. will only have increased dps against a certain world boss, so if you're killing range get his outfit will do more dps to the mage,

Stormz    46
1 hour ago, Charmie said:

i cant be bothered to read so im sorry if i get up so lets say a world boss drops an untradable set that helps with pvm every gets a chance at it, so each boss will have a untradable pvm set so a ranged boss with have a ranged magic will have magic and melee will have melee, wont be bis, but will have decent stats from virtus torva and pernix, but check this out.. will only have increased dps against a certain world boss, so if you're killing range get his outfit will do more dps to the mage,

so example, the mage set resembles virtus stats, but against melee boss would be equiv to say ancestral? and so on?