Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Charmie

skilling content, skilling bosses,items

Charmie    88

probably not the best to write a long formal post at 3am, but here we go @ MDlx0ex.pngXelta  will try help explain it 

as far as we know theres not much more to skilling then "do skill get xp" until 2b which to skillers ill be 80 before i get 2b crafting, 
what im proposing is a ring of skilling (yes i stole an idea but expanding) a ring that you get from a skillng boss or an achievemt of getting a certain amount of xp in all skilling skills, like 200m,

or bosses, for example woodcutting boss you;ll have to cut off branches of the boss to weaken him and then burn it on a fire and he will drop a certain amount of resources from the given boss or a skilling ring that could boost xp give double materials or a chance to keep material and get the xp for it, or have a boss that you have to incorperate  all skills to kill itm so it gives more things for a skiller to do and maybe get more people skilling, 

their could be tiers of the ring or a ring of skilling (i)  normal could be in donation store but the i will have to be grinded, 

this is probably long wioded but if anyone needs to ask stuff let me know 

ring of skilling ( doubles xp/saves material double material)
ring of skilling i (notes items) other perks. 

if you have any ideas pop them below 

Edited by Charmie
  • Like 1

Dpowerhouse    11

I like the idea +1 from me. Great way to make skilling actually desirable instead of just lamping everything. 

Charmie    88
4 hours ago, lu77ck said:

I love the Idea bro! Maybe x2 Pet Drop rate for (i) version?

yeah this could be a great idea, would be nice for skillers to talk about it and see what people want and maybe some people that have never skilled, to see what hey can improve for skilling because lets face it, lamp it seems to be the common responce for how to level up a skill 

3 hours ago, Dpowerhouse said:

I like the idea +1 from me. Great way to make skilling actually desirable instead of just lamping everything. 

Thanks man, 

brodyman    0

Great idea, Charmie! I agree, I think it will make skilling more fun. I especially like the boss/drops ideas above - shifts it into a dynamic activity and away from AFK XP grinding.

Xelta    55

Apologies, I've only just woken up.
@ MDlx0ex.pngCharmie  and myself discussed this, and there's a lot of levels to it's complexity, and it has the potential to be a revamp for the skilling scene as a whole! The idea of different-tiered rings providing different but genuinely useful benefits to skillers would be amazing.

Here are some subtle suggestions from my headspace last night:

• Ring Tier I
    • 10% chance for double skilling drops (pets, resources, etc.)
      • For resources (not pets), exp has a 30% chance to be doubled if the 10% double drop happens.
  • Ring Tier II
    • 20% chance for double skilling drops (pets, resources, etc.)
      • For resources (not pets), exp has a 40% chance to be doubled if the 20% double drop happens.
  • Ring Tier III
    • 30% chance for double skilling drops (pets, resources, etc.)
      • For resources (not pets), exp has a 50% chance to be doubled if the 30% double drop happens.
  • Ring Tier IV
    • 35% chance for double skilling drops (pets, resources, etc.)
      • For resources (not pets), exp has a 500% chance to be doubled if the 35% double drop happens.
  • Ring Tier V
    • 50% chance for double skilling drops (pets, resources, etc.)
      • For resources (not pets), exp has a 60% chance to be doubled if the 50% double drop happens.

And now for the second part of my contribution... (e) and (i) rings

• (e) Ring
    • The (e) modifier would allow drops to be instantly noted, making long-term skilling more viable without Diamond Donor or copious amounts of bank trips. [Toggleable (Like Ring of Bosses)]
  • (i) Ring
    • The (i) modifier would allow the ring to act as a basic form of the toolkit (store hatchet, spade, pickaxe, etc.)

BOTH (e) and (i) must be purchased in-game. For example, (e) enchantment - 15b GP(i) imbued - 10b GP

All of these are simply suggestions, but the contribute and I believe it adds more structural support for implementation.

Xelta    55

Additionally, we spoke of the rings being rewards for "skilling bosses" - i.e. you must chop limbs off of a tree in several places and light them @ the base to burn down the "tree boss." Just an example and suggestion I forgot to mention above :)

Xelta    55

See this thread for more information on this specific sub-suggestion.

Essentially, most (if not all) of this could take place in a Skilling Zone (much like max zone). There could be two tiers.

1. Skilling Zone [ANY LEVEL]
    1. ::skillzone / ::sz
    2. Offers skilling zones and skilling shops / resources for all (or select if all is too much)
    3. Affordable / Decent EXP rates
    4. Chance @ Skilling Rings (in suggestion(s) above) (Tiers 1-3 or 1-2)
    5. Maybe a few Skilling Bosses (in suggestion(s) above)
  2. Maxed Skilling Zone / Skiller Island [MAXED IN ALL NON-COMBATS]
    1. ::skillerisland / ::si
    2. Great / Amzing EXP rates (since you're maxed, the only goal is 200m/2b)
    3. More of a Chance @ Skilling Rings
    4. Harder Skilling Bosses with Higher-Tiered Rings (3-5 or 4-5)

Just a simple addition to the suggestion; @ z4xjJ3s.pngStormz  recommended I add it as this is a potential implementation! :)

Stormz    46
9 minutes ago, Xelta said:

See this thread for more information on this specific sub-suggestion.

Essentially, most (if not all) of this could take place in a Skilling Zone (much like max zone). There could be two tiers.

1. Skilling Zone [ANY LEVEL]
    1. ::skillzone / ::sz
    2. Offers skilling zones and skilling shops / resources for all (or select if all is too much)
    3. Affordable / Decent EXP rates
    4. Chance @ Skilling Rings (in suggestion(s) above) (Tiers 1-3 or 1-2)
    5. Maybe a few Skilling Bosses (in suggestion(s) above)
  2. Maxed Skilling Zone / Skiller Island [MAXED IN ALL NON-COMBATS]
    1. ::skillerisland / ::si
    2. Great / Amzing EXP rates (since you're maxed, the only goal is 200m/2b)
    3. More of a Chance @ Skilling Rings
    4. Harder Skilling Bosses with Higher-Tiered Rings (3-5 or 4-5)

Just a simple addition to the suggestion; @ z4xjJ3s.pngStormz  recommended I add it as this is a potential implementation! :)

Love this x100 +10230932

this would make 50b total exp alot more fun to grind for, perhaps a higher chance at skilling pets also at the maxed skill zone.

@ KR7IEB9.pngKevin  

@ KR7IEB9.pngsupreme

Please accept this!

raiding    1

An additional suggestion would be to add a % on the ring of skilling to have a chance of banking the resource gathered.

Stormz    46
10 hours ago, raiding said:

An additional suggestion would be to add a % on the ring of skilling to have a chance of banking the resource gathered.

Me and charmie were discussing this over voice chat to be fair, while he was drafting the post 😛 i personally would say a % to note over bank, both are good either way