Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Slowasshonda

Cannon Upgrade

I feel like the cannon is incredibly underrated on this game, it makes a lot of monsters semi afkable. If your like me and mostly just grinding away at some monsters it can really come in handy. I'm suggesting a possible cannon upgrade, not really in power but in cannon ball capacity. I'm thinking this could maybe be a item in the donor point store or a drop from a random boss, so its not something easily obtained. Something that you can use with your cannon to make it hold up say 50 cannonballs at one time (nothing crazy like 100). The main reason I purpose this, is for the people who are grinding out bosses for pets, rare drops, etc... I think it could a very useful upgrade to assist those people grinding bosses or monsters toward end game. The Cannon X Set, but open to name ideas. 

I have been rethinking this cannon upgrade idea. Thanks to Stormz, Xelta, and KingTwix for helping think of ways to make this fair and not push the boundaries of breaking rules. What if we made this upgrade a reward for a donor rank? possible Diamond-Emerald or add it to donor point store for 250-500 maybe. That way to make sure not everyone and their grandma can get one. It would be a reward/upgrade for serious pvmers. 

Edited by Slowasshonda

KingTwix    13

I like this idea. There was a cannon ornament kit in RS3 (Pre-EOC? cant remember), that can work similarly. Make it gold or something too ;)

Stormz    46

Unfortunately Using a cannon at bosses makes it afkable.

more balls = more AFK.

now part of the rules is NOT to AFK boss points, as it can result in deletion of boss points, obviously it can be a worse punishment for a repeat offenders.

Stormz.

KingTwix    13
6 minutes ago, Stormz said:

Unfortunately Using a cannon at bosses makes it afkable.

more balls = more AFK.

now part of the rules is NOT to AFK boss points, as it can result in deletion of boss points, obviously it can be a worse punishment for a repeat offenders.

Stormz.

I don't see many bosses you can afk with just a cannon though.

Sure, lavas, but cannoning isn't too afk to begin with and if it is your only damage source... yeah, good luck.

Stormz    46
23 minutes ago, KingTwix said:

I don't see many bosses you can afk with just a cannon though.

Sure, lavas, but cannoning isn't too afk to begin with and if it is your only damage source... yeah, good luck.

For Obvious reasons i can't say the bosses you can actually afk and cannon against.

but its very possible to point farm while afk. 

thanks,

Xelta    55

I'm going to have to agree with @ z4xjJ3s.pngStormz  here - you have to consider that with the current cannon you can already farm bosses / monsters (like lavas) and it's strong enough as is. Maybe a 5-10 increase in capacity, but much more would be overkilling an already dead horse.

• Like 1

My response to that is what's the difference between me just sitting at my computer now click every 20 seconds vs me working on something else and coming back to click every 2 minutes? They say this is afking boss, but nothing in this game other than afk money makers are truly afk. My cannon will run out of cannonballs depending on where I'm at within 30 seconds to 1 minute, so I don't fully see how this is afking. It still requires me to come back at click on my screen when it runs out.

Xelta    55

Perhaps reworking the cannon to limit fire rate or damage would be fine if you wanted a larger cannonball capacity? Just hypothetically

Xelta    55

Honestly with a limited fire rate and a rework to hit damage, a larger-than-10 capacity increase would be feasible. If you're trading time for ability, it's about an even trade-off.

I would be fine with that, not looking for more damage at all. I just don't understand why they call it afking when it literally stops itself within 30 secs. Either way it was just an idea I had and was curious on everyone else's thoughts. Just tired of only seeing new op donor weapons coming into game, and no other new content besides what does more damage or gives a better drop rate increase.

Stormz    46

The original idea for cannon in RS was to make life easier with it's damage, decreasing the damage/hit rate but making the capacity higher would allow you to stop looking at screen for a longer period of time, this would then go against the whole afk boss point farming idea as you'd be hitting more bosses. 

• Like 1

Xelta    55

I wasn't per se suggesting it be done, I was only saying IF something were to change in terms of capacity increase, I would expect the fire rate and damage to be lowered to compensate against AFK bossing. Sure, you could AFK, but to an extent it wouldn't be worth it. It'd (in theory) satisfy the needs of the AFK Cannon Bois and also not allow too much boss AFKing / limit the effectiveness of boss AFKing.