Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
jordan3667

Possible ECO fix

jordan3667    1

As we all know, we have a limited number of players running about in the Simplicity community some new and some veterans. What I would like to discuss today is the possibility of working together to make the ECO flourish again. As I have taken a year of economics and business I have a pretty solid base to go off of for this situation (also based on the ECO of a lot of other flourishing servers). One thing i have noticed that i haven't seen in almost any other servers is that the people in our community are hoarding cash stacks... up into the double digit trillions. I personally have spent some of the past days I've been playing selling items for 50-200B Gp below the street/market price (to which some still wouldn't sell) because i have needed money for either comping or bossing/raiding; with that being said a simple solution to re-raise prices and get the ECO back to a somewhat stabilized state would to be to have all the top holders of GP to buy out the main items of the game (sacred clay all the way to sang x's) and release that money back into the ECO to provide proper circulation that is needed to make an economy thrive. We have multiple wealthy players that partake in this and its only damaging the server in itself. We have items that keep flooding into the game from goodies and boxes but the income isn't there to match the influx of items so we are currently sitting in a state of everyone not being able to sell a single thing. My simple solution would be to have Donation Managers+ to set up a program for those end game players with a lot of cash wealth to possibly buy out all of the items that you deem fit to remove from the ECO and once they hit a certain "worth" then they can ::empty to get a free custom weather it be a cape,boots, gloves and maybe even necklaces or upwards of complete sets/weapons. By doing the ::empty command you are signifying that those items are no longer in the ECO which will raise prices of particular items to where they should be and the money from those items wont be lying dormant in the hands of the super wealthy in term making the ECO take a nose dive. With the rise of prices , as staff, y'all are going to have to take a look at drop rates to help the newer SimpUsers acquire required items to progress further into the game, the barrier between the new users and the end game wealthy users is insane. I fear and know most of the gap is from users who place donations which in term floods the ECO with all these rare items and no money to buy them. I am willing to further discuss if this post gets taken into consideration but this thread was just to raise awareness to an issue we all see but do nothing about. 

P.S. the Customs can be a copy and paste from old or preset choices you as the DEV team discuss and decide upon. Money circulation is key to a thriving ECO!!! Just a thought! <3 

• Like 1

Xelta    55

+1 for drop rate increase and for helping newer players complete the "gap" that currently exists in our economy. As for the ::empty suggestion, I would say it needs to be explained more thoroughly and thought out a little bit more.

KingTwix    13

I like this idea. A good money sink is well needed. 

Perhaps even increasing the well to hold more than the <2b it currently holds and offering more rewards.Drop party at 100b in the well?

Stormz    46

+1

i recall us talking about this the other day, i like the ::empty idea - i although i think for items that are emptied is to get points, for a points shop, which holds i'd say customs yes, and dependent on what you empty would depend on how many points are given, but one thing i will say is you cannot force people to spend GP that they've earnt etc, that'd make people quit the server.

Charmie    88

Like stormz was saying maybe have a point shop, have a set value of things and have an npc you could chuck end game items into, for points in a shop for high end custom untradables,  but im a hoarder and would keep stuff and wouldnt like to chuck things away