Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Ragnar

The Struggles of a New Player

Ragnar    3

Good afternoon Simps. So I have been playing for about a week and I have a few suggestions that might make the community a little happier.

Starting the server was super simple and I felt welcomed and helped by all players. But in my journey I have came to realize the struggles of a new player. I followed my fellow Simps and maxed my account first. Now when it comes to bossing. You have really 2 options grab a blowpipe after you have voted and work your way up into some armadyl gear and camp at lavas until you can get 4b for a mamga blowpipe. Then you can try your luck at Zurlah. Everything else takes ages to kill with a simple setup. 

Im not interested in making the server "easier". But i would suggest there be a stepping stone between Magma blowpipe and the Twisted Bow/Scythe stage of the game. 

Most bosses takes awhile to kill unless you have 50b or 90-100b for the higher end weapons.

Maybe add that the Vorkath whip double hits. Or add a weapon that is not as strong as the higher ends but is cheap enough for players to build up to endgame instead of struggling until you get there. With out donating or having extreme luck at cows. It is a very slow process. 

Just a few insights from a new player. 

Thanks for Listening :D

• Like 3

Cursed    34

I've always said the opinion of newer players is extremely important, as they get discouraged and quit the server because of exactly what you're already experiencing. Please continue to post your suggestions/ideas as you continue to play. I do agree that their should be a stepping stone between those items. 4b for a mbp to a 45b t bow is a huge jump. 

• Like 2

Ragnar    3

the biggest part is the time, with the bosses having such low drop rates. taking AGES to kill with a mbp it just feels illogical for the players who cant do the cow event due to real life circumstance. It is a bit of a struggle. Please notice it and help the new players!

Justin    78
10 hours ago, Cursed said:

I've always said the opinion of newer players is extremely important, as they get discouraged and quit the server because of exactly what you're already experiencing. Please continue to post your suggestions/ideas as you continue to play. I do agree that their should be a stepping stone between those items. 4b for a mbp to a 45b t bow is a huge jump. 

100% agree with this. 
You can't build a sustainable community without new players actually sticking around.

• Like 1

You're definitely not wrong. Had it not been for my luck at drop parties and being able to donate I probably wouldn't have as much as I do now. There really should be some more lower-tier weapons for the newer players to access. That way they're not grinding forever for a twisted bow from a magma blowpipe. 

Xelta    55

I'm a very big proponent for the listening to and standing for new players. I myself am relatively new, and I can say that I am 100% in the same boat. I encourage you to look at my post history and see some more in-depth explanations of my own opinions on the matter. Personally, there are a lot of things fundamentally skewed with the beginning phase of gameplay on the server. In my opinion, it is partly attributed to the large wealth inequality and the inability to progress for a tremendous amount of time upon reaching a certain point. I 100% agree and +1 this happily.