Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Gambling Tips

Justin    78

I thought I'd give everyone some tips if they have any plans on gambling on Simplicity.

• RECORD YOUR BETS. This really can't be stressed enough. A large majority of the scam reports we receive do not contain valid evidence.
  • Ask to show the pot in a trade window. Attempting to gamble without having the items is against the rules and just asking to see a pot can get the other person banned before a scam can even take place. We suggest asking to the see the pot of EVERYONE you gamble. This includes players with "Trusted" tags. You can never be too careful.
  • Be clear with your language and make sure the person you are gambling with is also clear with their language. Not being clear can cause confusion which can break into an argument on who is right or wrong.

Asking to show the pot GUARANTIES that the items are on their account.
Recording the bet GUARANTIES that those items will be collected for you.

If you record but they don't have the pot, we will not spawn items to make up what you lost.
Doing both those two steps gives you a 100% chance of you getting your winnings and 1 less scammer in the community.

Thought I'd add a couple personal tips to anyone who wants to gamble.

• Gambling is a risk. If you can't handle the risk and get frustrated or hostile towards others because you did not make profit, maybe gambling isn't for you.
  • If you're someone who is easily influenced by the addiction of gambling, you probably should avoid it. We've seen a handful of good people leave just because they lost their whole bank and we don't want to lose you too. 💖

Have fun with it, but most importantly..

🥰Be safe.🥰

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Nate    82

Good stuff Justin! 
Will definitely help for those who haven't gambled before and at least will know what to look out for before going into it. 

Xelta    55
On 2/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, Liquids said:

If you're gambling without recording, you're technically gambling twice. Once that you'll win, and once that they'll pay you. If you're on a mac (and probably PC but idk) you literally have a screen recorder in your toolbar when you unbox your computer. Trust me it's worth it. Good post Justin!

This is a saying I used to use, and it's always going to hold true! Also, thanks OP for the information, lots of players will find it useful!