Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Status of the Economy

Justin    78

Hello Simplicity,

This is quite overdue, but it's time we spoke about the economy and the state it's in.

It's a mess. 
Plain and simple.

We're looking at methods of setting the eco back on the right path, but almost every idea has pros and cons.
There are a few points of interest that'll I'll list below.

Merchers.
There's always going to be merchers and there isn't really anything we can do unless we start punishing merching. (Which we do not want to do)

A current thought against merchers is to set some sort of "maximum" of any given item so it cannot spiral out of control like Pernix has for example.

Hoarders.
Same with merchers, there's always going to be hoarders. Some people enjoy collecting the most of every single item they possibly can. While there's nothing inherently wrong with this sort of play style, this puts significant strain on the economy given our limited amount of players.

The only thing we can really do to combat this is limit the amount of rare items one person is allowed to hold. Although this might cause a large outcry.

Incentive.
There's no MAJOR incentive to use the current item and money sinks in the game, meaning there's a tonne of items that nobody needs (except for new players) and a significant majority of the cash in game are being held by the top 10 players.

Thoughts on this was to completely remove the chance aspect of Magic Well. Each item will have a fixed number of dumps before it will spit out the upgraded version.

Price Guide.
As people have pointed out, there's no REAL price guide. There are a few reasons for this.

• They're incredibly hard to keep updated as prices will often fluctuate pretty heavily.
  • People are always going to disagree with them, which kind of invalidates the effort put into them.
  • Some members of the staff team believe that the player should have the power to value their items at whatever price they see fit and let the other person attempting to trade decide whether the other persons self valuation is worth the price. 

There's many other factors, but these involve adjusting the game itself.

• Value of each item in donator points.
  • Damage output of each item.
  • Drop rate of items on bosses.
  • Which bosses have the ability to provide double drops given the Diamond Donator benefit.

If we need to change any of these, we can get it done, but it will take time to add given our Developers busy schedules.

I'd like this thread to be a conversation for ideas about the current economy. Please try to forward this thread to anyone who may be interested in the economy.

Thank you,

Simplicity Staff Team.

Edited by Justin
  • Praise 1

MOO$H    3

A small suggestion would be to make skilling supplies not buyable from stores, because skilling supplies are worth jack shit at the moment

Mak3    107
  • I'd like to see the middle tier and maybe the junk tiered items removed from the boxes.
  • Maybe remove some boxes as well - There is too many type of boxes.
  • Add price barriers on higher tiered items or commonly sold items this will prevent merchers.
  • I agree on the magic well idea having fixed amount before drops. 
  • As for hoarders these are normally rich already so won't benefit from selling there items? 
  • Maybe make certain type of mystery boxes untradeable? The high tier? This would force players to open bringing money and items into game. Currently the pos is just flooded from boxes from donations/NPC's or the ORB drop party. 
  • Like 1

bigzy    20
On 12/2/2019 at 10:45 AM, MOO$H said:

A small suggestion would be to make skilling supplies not buyable from stores, because skilling supplies are worth jack shit at the moment

Definitely support this, this was spoken about but I don't know where it is on the list of priorties. (nonafk) Skilling should definitely be a good staple moneymaking alternative to PVM.

16 hours ago, Mak3 said:
  • I'd like to see the middle tier and maybe the junk tiered items removed from the boxes.
  • Maybe remove some boxes as well - There is too many type of boxes.
  • Add price barriers on higher tiered items or commonly sold items this will prevent merchers.
  • I agree on the magic well idea having fixed amount before drops. 
  • As for hoarders these are normally rich already so won't benefit from selling there items? 
  • Maybe make certain type of mystery boxes untradeable? The high tier? This would force players to open bringing money and items into game. Currently the pos is just flooded from boxes from donations/NPC's or the ORB drop party. 

The junk items are just fillers for the boxes, so idk how we would deal with that.

I agree we do have a lot of different boxes.

Some control on the trade is definitely needed.

I would say to make boxes untradeable, but then increase their droprate of items maybe.

Trippin    15

I was thinking about making a thread about the same topic same day I joined, but was afraid of community outrage as I was so new around here and didn't know how people felt about this. Glad to see though, specially staff members, that people see the issue at hand. 

Definitely look into money sinks , more items that can be thrown down the well, eventually every item in the game?

Also the boxes, I 100% agree with. Theres way too many and the donations , bless all donators, are so frequent that theres atleast 1 drop party a day which brings a bucket load of boxes by itself to the game. Not to mention little shy 300 players online 24/7 gathering boxes from pvm/afk tree and what not. And then of course if you donate you get bunch of boxes from there too.
- Remove possibly all? low tier boxes
- Make high tier boxes untradeable
- Maybe look into the drop party as  well, its a bit too much honestly. Perhaps reduce the orb growth to half or even 1/4.

Edited by Trippin
  • Like 1

Justin    78
20 hours ago, jet kai said:

I would honestly say get rid of all custom items. sorry but its the truth :)

Removing them would cause a messy situation for those who already own those types of items.

11 hours ago, Trippin said:

I was thinking about making a thread about the same topic same day I joined, but was afraid of community outrage as I was so new around here and didn't know how people felt about this. Glad to see though, specially staff members, that people see the issue at hand. 

A lot of people seem to think if they get angry and rage about the game, things will change. Starting a healthy conversation about a topic (even on more sensitive topics) is only healthy for the game. I don't want anyone to feel afraid to post their ideas. (Unless it's a shitpost, I'll just remove that shit.)

As for what you said, I agree that we could look at the Orb and potentially reducing orb growth or even lowering the amount of boxes per drop.
I'm seeing many people suggest removal of lower tier boxes and making higher tier boxes untradable so maybe that is something we could do.
I definitely want to see a change with well but I'm not entirely sure if adding lower tier items to it will even do much. When the well was first introduced, it made very basic items such as whip spike in price heavily because all the right players would buy them out and dump them while the new players couldn't get their hands on a whip.

Edited by Justin