Simplicity
FORUMS

Sign in to follow this  
Ruhbeartoe

Simple Tarn Guide

Ruhbeartoe    22

Mutated Tarn

b56d8ea41121c57463ec85a08b4d5dc4.gif

To get to tarn just do ::tarn or you can go to the Magic Book->Boss Teleports->Tarn

be83f43f474401ba933b57846ff87666.gif

When you are getting ready to fight tarn make sure to use your overload, and turn on your prayers before you teleport there. When you are ready hurry and get behind tarn and his demons before they spawn.

fd0171b4b45641f23452bf4e643064ea.gif

-------------------------------------------------------

During the fight tarn will freeze you multiple times, And he will use a magic attack that hits twice, be careful this attack can hit 40+ 2 times, and he can hit you with a normal magic attack which counts as a total stack of 3 times being hit (this doesn't happen often but when it does you have a 70/30% chance of surviving, 70% being the chance to survive)

-------------------------------------------------------

If you click the passageway you will simply be teleported home, which is a good trick for the hardcore ironmen who attempt this wretched boss.

440f5c402e355e20171907b6ded88e50.gif

Gear/Supplies

a4d6fa8d8b7b581d1cfcd77d8ca94be3.png

I am using Sacred Clay, Scythe of Vitur X, Angelic Boots, Ring of Bosses, Flame Gloves (e), Hydra Cape, and Necklace of Anguish (or)

I haven't tried tarn much without this mid tier gear, but I am sure he is possible to do with pernix/blowpipe, or justiciar with a whip/regular scythe.

4660e8205ea38b4806933d6bad7e040f.png

Since i am a sapphire donator (to see donator bonuses you can do ::benefits in game) i don't need any prayer/super restore potions, so I only bring overloads and brews. The people that need prayer you should only bring 1 or 2 potions as you will not be in this fight long enough to really need more and i recommend bringing some rocktails to combo eat with the saradomin brews.

767dfa2f650a8e6dcf026dd0f65f7cc0.png767dfa2f650a8e6dcf026dd0f65f7cc0.png

I am also using the superior Zuk pet, The superior pets help A LOT on these hard bosses. They give unlimited soulsplit, so you can have a protect prayer on (like magic needed for tarns attacks) while also getting the affect of soulsplit from the pet.

The superior pets you can get are Olm(raids), Vorkath, and Zuk(inferno). You can get these pets as a drop but they will be a regular version of the pet and you will need 50b to buy the superior scroll from the note trader in the edgeville bank to upgrade them.

Hope this helps ^_^

-Ruhbeartoe

d82582ed28a777f003638f6376eff2fa.png

Edited by 2incher
edited some spelling to polish it up
  • Like 1

sean4755    7

Well done. Always nice to see some good quality guides being made. Love the GIFs might night to up my guide game now thanks :)