Simplicity
FORUMS

Ruhbeartoe

Simple Hydra Guide

Ruhbeartoe    22

Wells

ab437785373b99f414d639b8a8ea1052.png

f7e22b4c2a9c5c530e6ed7e7edba5432.png

The green phase is rather easy, Just put him on the red well and start doing some work! Watch out for his poison though, Bring an anti poison if you want to but if you're like me you just deal with the poison hits.

1c1cadbc731f250b56e9568f39e061f7.png

4bbd6dca32d9f371467d65e3a77e1c13.png

The blue stage seems fairly harder, He gets a bit more defense but if you put him on this green well, He should be a piece of cake! His electric pulses that generate from this blue orb are somewhat damaging but they're easily avoided.

d36f7d114c66f3c45935ccc70d0ce7cc.png

e11dd376589e77113c1bed4a80da4be1.png

851dd239abf98f4c141c60cedb885cf6.png

Now the red phase gets intense, You want to put him on the blue well but WATCH OUT for his fire waves, And be extra watchful for his fireball DoT, This DoT is very deadly when he is hitting you for constant 35+ so try and avoid it at all cost, Just run around the room until it's over then back to the blue well you go!

139cc2a81f0a1c34cb11cc0e980fb0f8.png

The black phase is simple,You do not need to put him on a well, Just kill him! Buuuuut he gains some INSANE DEFENSE! And it feels like he gains extra accuracy he hits constant 30s+ in this stage, Just try to tank him until you finish him off, Not to hard right?(He throws poison out but it's no big deal)

Gear/Supplies

I recommend using overloads and saradomin brews when you fight hydra, as with any other boss/PvM, If you don't have best in slot gear, i recommend bring 2-4 super restores, But if you find you kill him fast enough you can replace them.

1fcf0c191a1ec2b1ac82615f9080f32b.png

For the best in slot It's pretty easy most of the time you don't have to put hydra on the wells. Overload and saradomin brews are needed for ANY boss/PvM, You don't need 2 restores you kill him so fast but i bring some out of habit..

daebafea0b1d021ebcf1936fb805207f.png

I recently discovered vorkaths whip hits like a truck! If you don't have best in slot gear don't worry you don't need it, I personally like the torva with vorkath whip and continue using the Well Mechanic. Sometimes i will use elder maul it hits HARD. It takes a little longer to kill hydra with this gear but it's not that bad honestly. 

An alternative to the melee style will be the below basic mage setup.
I recommend while you are using Mage to have your prayer set to Normal (::prayer) and use the Augury prayer to increase your Mage Damage.
With this Method you will still need to use the Well Mechanic during your fight with Hydra, but this is a well balanced setup which is bound to get you good Hydra Kills

07f0c38f50292473ea6fa06676cb0c35.png

Disclaimer: You can use a Pernix with Magma Blowpipe Setup but Hydra has increased Defence against Ranged attacks so even though it is a doable setup, it's recommended to use Melee or Mage to attack Hydra with. 

Prayers

I like to use soulsplit and turmoil the whole time, But if you feel comfortable praying something else, OR even pray flick his attack styles feel free to do so, But soulsplit helps alot when you get big combo hits^_^

Hope this helps

-Ruhbeartoe

e52fcf43ca16d285aba3fad5d3ef71ed.png

Edited by Ruhbeartoe
Remove info on MBP and Ranged.
  • Like 2

Athos    26

Glad to see that you put great effort in this guide, well done man and keep up the good work :) would love to see more and more content from you <3 :x

Mandi    9

thank you for this guide maybe i might actually kill it now :)

• PogU 1

Big V    0

Why I don't do damage when it is in blue form? Max damage is 7.

swe monkey    21
6 hours ago, Big V said:

Why I don't do damage when it is in blue form? Max damage is 7.

every phase increases his defense a bit, so just try to grind through it until you can afford a better weapon!